Please note that the screenshots are for demo purposes.
The burger icon on a desktop view is also known as an Overlay menu. You can set or edit it following the steps below.
1. How to set up an overlay menu
Step 1: Create a menu (guide), next click on the Overlay Menu options panel and enable it:
Step 2: Go to Manage Locations and add a menu to the Overlay Menu position:
Step 3: You can edit the menu theme in Dashboard > Max Mega Menu (guide)
Step 4: To enable the Overlay menu layout, please go to Customize > Header:
Step 5: The Vamtam Beaver Builder integration allows you adding complex layouts to the widget areas of your website including to the Overlay menu widget. You can also edit them easily using the builder (guide)
Open the Wordpress customizer from the top Toolbar > Widgets > Overlay Menu Widget area > VamTam Builder Layout:
Check which template does it use:
Notice: You can import the attached template (mozo-overlay-menu.xml) following the instructions below:
- Download the attached file (click with the right mouse button and then Save As XML)
- Go to Dashboard > Tools > Import > WordPress
- If you haven't installed WordPress Importer plugin you'll see an error. Please proceed to install the plugin:
- Please choose the import file, then click on the "Upload file and import" button.
- Assign posts to an existing user - choose from the drop-down menu. Please make a tick to "Download and import attachments" and click on the "Submit" button.
- You'll see All done! on your Dashboard, if everything is imported correctly:
Step 6: To edit the template, please go to VamTam Builder > Saved Rows > Overlay menu > click on the VamTam Builder (guide)
You can also watch the attached video for how to locate and edit the Overlay menu background image.
2. How to disable the overlay menu
In case you need a classic menu instead of an overlay menu, please follow the steps below to disable it.
Step 1: Go to Customize > Header > select a header layout with a standard menu
Step 2: Make sure that there's a menu selected in Appearance > Menus > Manage Locations > Menu Header: