Setting up Blog Listing Page and Blog Posts
Setting up Blog Listing Page
- Please navigate to Pages > Add New
- In the VamTam Builder, click on the "Blog" element. Once the element is inserted, you can click on the "edit" button located on the right side of the element to change its setting. You can control - the number of posts per page, pagination on/off, the image on/off, and showing a particular category or a post.
- Publish changes.
In Customize > General > Posts, you will find options to hide the meta info and pagination type.
Blog Archive Pages: Categories, Post formats, Tags, Monthly Archives. These blog listings are created automatically. In Customizer > Layout - you can change the default layout and, respectively, the layout of the blog archive pages.
Setting up Blog Posts
Creating Blog Post
- Please navigate to Posts > Add New
- Choose the category, tags or post format from the options on the right-hand side.
- Set the post format settings according to the help text above the editor.
- Add the feature image
- Publish changes.
Please make sure you select the right post format. If you don’t, you’ll wonder why the theme isn't working for you. Please note that the different post formats have different properties, so please read the help text.
You can customize the layout and style of your Blog Post in two locations:
Layout and style customization
You can customize the layout and style of your Blog Posts in two locations:
Global Layout and Styles
If you need to change the layout - please navigate to Appearance > Customize
If you need to change a particular website area, go to the tabs - Header, Body, and Footer.
If you need to change the style (colours, backgrounds, typography), please navigate to Appearance > Customize > Global Styles
if you want to style a particular website area, go to the tabs - Header, Body, and Footer.
Customizer > General > Posts will find options Pagination type and Meta information.
Local Layout and Styles
You have an option to override some of the global options. These options are located just below your text editor. You can create a unique style for any project. Show Page Title area, Page Title Layout, and Page Background are such options.
Blog Posts also support Comments to allow readers to interact with you and the Publicize feature allows you to share your posts to several social networks quickly and automatically.
You can also add an Excerpt - Learn more about manual excerpts.